Jeffrey Epstein bragged about phone call with Australian actor


Newly released court documents about pedophile monster Jeffrey Epstein reveal he liked to brag about phone calls with some of Hollywood’s biggest stars, including an alleged call with Oscar-winning Australian actor Cate Blanchett.

In a previously sealed deposition released on Thursday, Johanna Sjoberg, who alleges Epstein and his accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell abused her in the late 1990s, said the sex criminal at one time name-dropped Blanchett while receiving a massage.

Ms Sjoberg made the claim while discussing her interactions with Epstein with lawyer Laura A. Menninger in Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre’s lawsuit against Maxwell.

“I saw one press report that said you had met Cate Blanchett …?” Ms Menninger, appearing for Maxwell, asked Ms Sjoberg.

“I did not meet them, no,” Ms Sjoberg replied.

“When I spoke about them, it was when I was massaging him (Epstein), and he would get off – he would be on the phone a lot at that time, and one time he said, ‘Oh, that was … Cate Blanchett …’ That kind of thing.”

“So, name-dropping,” Ms Menninger asked.

“Yes.”

Blanchett’s name appears only once and briefly in the deposition, which was taken in 2016. There is no suggestion of wrongdoing on Blanchett’s part.

There is also no suggestion that any of the other 170 individuals identified in the documents have engaged in any wrongdoing nor are they accused of partaking in any of Epstein’s crimes

Her name does not appear anywhere else in the tranche of nearly 1000 pages released by the courts on Thursday.

Blanchett’s Australian management agency RGM Artists has been contacted for comment.

Epstein interacted with several high-profile people from finance, politics and entertainment, including former US presidents Bill Clinton and Donald Trump, who are part of the 170 individuals named in the documents released by the court.

The release of documents in the Giuffre case, heard in the US District Court, has shed more light on the sordid life of Epstein and Maxwell, who abused underage girls.

Epstein pleaded guilty to soliciting sex from an underage girl in 2008 in Florida.

New York prosecutors slapped sex trafficking charges on him in 2019.

Epstein took his own life in a New York prison while awaiting trial.

Maxwell was found guilty of sex trafficking in 2021 and sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Ms Giuffre filed a lawsuit against Maxwell in 2015, claiming she was abused by Epstein and Maxwell and pressured into having sex with Epstein associates, including Britain’s Prince Andrew.

Her lawsuit against Prince Andrew was settled in 2022 and he has vigorously denied any wrongdoing and has not been charged with any crime.

Ms Giuffre, a mother to three children, now resides in Australia and is married to an Australian man.

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *